NSWCA Grade Matches U1400

Here is a report from the El Kapitan of the Ryde-Eastwood Leagues Club Chess Club U1400 team.
Good Evening Ryde Eastwood U1400 Chess Team!!!,

I’m writing this email as one of my final roles as Captain...

Finally the NSWCA have updated the results  (http://www.nswca.org.au/gradematches/1400.html ) of the U1400 competition that we completed 4 days ago...

According to the NSWCA website there will be a presentation at Ryde Eastwood Leagues Club on September 12th, 2011...Let’s hope that is a misprint and it should be on THIS year...

I’ve completed the form guide for those of you who are interested...(see the attached spreadsheet)...

So it’s official we have come first with 22 from 32 ( a clear 3.5 in front of 2nd) and are thus the 2012 Under 1400 grade NSWCA chess champions...What an honour!!!...Congratulations to all...

I would like to thank Chris Ball for leading the charge on Board 1 with 5.5 from 7 and reciting famous grandmaster games of the past whilst waiting for the opposition to arrive...

I would like to thank Martin Chin for overcoming his bitter disappointment of losing the first game and going on to win the individual cross table result with 6.5 from 8...

In the past players who have played at least 70% of games and won at least 70% of those games (as is the case with the above 2 players) were entitled to an additional award...I’m not sure if that is the case this year...perhaps Les Mikolajczyk or Bill Gletsos could answer this...

I would like to thank Vince Chiara for participating with his 4.5 from 7 despite his devotion to the U1600 competition...

I would like to thank Ivan Mitrovic for participating with his 4 from 8 despite having a car without brakes and having the flu in the last round...

I would like to thank the unused reserves Wayne Bredin and Brendan Xu despite the latter resigning half way through...

I would like to thank myself with 1.5 from 2 and for doing a good job encouraging , organising , instructing and documenting the results...

No need to reply to this email …Yes this means you!!!

Remember to have fun , but it is more fun to win…We proved this , didn’t we?

No need to address me as Captain from now on… “Alan” will suffice… J

Kind Regards
Alan Marton
The results are here.

Congratulations!!! 

Comments

Popular Posts